Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mistakes

How many times do I need to suffer the consequences of making the same mistake in order to finally learn the lesson?
Sometimes I just can't seem to learn... I do the same stupid mistake over and over again, keep banging my head against the wall until I start painfully bleeding, and still I'll go and do it all over again the very next day.
Why? What is this irrational behavior that prevents me from learning not to take that road again?
Some people call it love... right now, in this sleepless insomnia state I'm (once again) in, I can only call it stupid and irrational obsession.
It becomes an obsession when it prevents you from having a normal life over a long period of time. It has been way too long for me now...
An excruciatingly long period of time, with nothing but pain and sorrow to account for in the end.
Lessons learned? Probably a few... although none seems to come to mind right now.
I'm sure I'll be able to see the big picture, with time, and realize all the valuable life lessons I've gained with all this. Even if at the moment, it all just seems a great big waste of time...

1 comment:

Eris said...

As obsessões normalmente preenchem no espírito o espaço que devia ser nosso.

Get over it! :)